Coltrane Spring/Summer 2017
After the Rain is an all-organic collection made of the following materials:
- Organic Ahimsa Silk: This silk is from smallholder organic farmers in the Himalayas. It is non-violent because silkworms are not harmed in the process (Ahimsa means non-violence). The ‘Shiro’ pieces use a handwoven Ahimsa Silk that is hand pleated in Switzerland. Labels: Organic and Fair Trade.
- Organic Silk and Hemp Blend: These materials originate from smallholder organic farms in China and India. Hemp is one of the most sustainable fibers, using less land and water than cotton and no chemicals at all. The farmers use organic polyculture for greater biodiversity and healthier soils. Labels: GOTS and Fair Trade.
- Organic Linen: This linen has a subtle sheen. It is a fine local product grown in Germany, France or the Netherlands – It takes less energy to ship. Label: GOTS and Fair Trade.
- Organic Cotton: Grown in Egypt, manufactured in Italy. Label: GOTS.
- Organic Silk and Banana Fibre Blend: These materials originate from smallholder organic farms in India. Banana fibre is lightweight but extremely durable. It is very moisture-absorbent and since its processing does not involve chemicals, it is completely biodegradable. The silk fibers are genuine Peace Silk from non-violent sericulture. Hand-spun and hand-woven in India. Labels: Organic and Fair Trade.